FOR PROGRAM PARTICIPANTS: Here you can find answers to some of the more common questions. You are always welcome to contact us at,with any additional questions or use the form below to send us a message!

Can I travel to Cuba legally? As of September 2015, US Regulations changed to allow US residents and citizens to travel to Cuba legally as long as they qualify under one of 12 categories (listed below). This is a quote from the Department of the Threasury website on relation to travel to cuba "To the extent that your proposed travel falls within the scope of an existing general license, you may proceed without applying for a specific license from OFAC.  General licenses constitute blanket authorization for those transactions set forth in the relevant regulation and are self-selecting and self-executing.  Persons traveling pursuant to a general license do not need to notify OFAC of their travel plans."

Per the announcement by the Trump Administration on June 16, 2017 ​those living in the United States will no longer be able to legally travel on their own to Cuba unless they are traveling with licensed groups such as Estevez Travel, which has been facilitating people-to-people travel to Cuba for nearly 10 years. For updates on the changes in regulations, you can also consult the US Office of Foreign Assets Control FAQ’s page;here.

Do I need a visa to travel to Cuba? Yes, you will need a Cuban visa for your visit in Cuba.A Cuban visa, compulsory Cuban health insurance and the Cuban departure tax are generally included in the charter company airfare though it may vary from carrier to carrier so you should ask. If you are travelling with Estevez Travel and we arrange the air travel for the group, these items will almost always be included in the package price.

How can I fly to Cuba? Estevez Travel arranges most flights via Tampa. These are commercial flights so prices fluctuate.

How much free time will I have on my Cuba Trip? You are required by US Regulations to have a full time schedule of activities that are applicable to the area under which you qualify. Typically this means that you must participate in all the scheduled activities on the itinerary. Time on your own will generally occur during afternoons and evenings.

Can I stay in Cuba after the tour is over? If you stay in Cuba you must continue to qualify under one of the 12 categories for legal travel, and you will need to provide a signed affidavit to the flight agency designating that category.

How do I spend money in Cuba? Right now we recommend you only bring US Dollars, Euros or Canadian Dollars to Cuba . Once on the ground you must convert them to the Cuban Convertible Peso (CUC). Despite recent changes it is still very difficult or impossible to use US Credit Cards and you are unable to access US accounts from Cuban Banks.

What is a casa particular? A casa particular is a similar to a bed and breakfast which provides a private room in a Cuban family home. Breakfast is typically juice, coffee, eggs, fruit and toast.

Will I have access to Internet and phone? Internet is found more widely across Cuba.Internet cards are easily found and purchased at most hotels. One hour is approximately 5 CUCs. Wifi is best accessed in a hotel lobby, as many wifi parks may be difficult to access a clear signal.

Will I need immunizations? While we don’t recommend any, it is best to consult with the Centers for Disease Control for a professional

How far in advance should I book my trip to Cuba with you? As soon as possible is best. Trips can fill up quickly at times, though this also allows us to better secure accommodations and flights.

© 2019 Estevez Travel. Web project customized, hosted, and administrated by Web Art Hosting at Rochen.
This work is under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.